A very slow month, which is normal as we approach Christmas. I turned 41 this month. Also, some personal stuff has happened, and I'm not ready to talk about yet, but It's why this post is so late.
We had a weekend trip to Liverpool for a martial arts tournament - Kuk Sool Won, where my wife did her final testing and promoted to a black belt.
Daughter number 2 won 2 gold and 1 silver medals at the tournament for doing techniques, sparring and staff skills. The other two of my children entered, but both were recovering from the flu so didn't do too well.
It was my birthday and I turned 41. Just a number, it's no big deal for me, and I don't feel like I am that age. Didn't do anything to celebrate this - but did treat myself to 3 pairs of trainers (skateboarding, basketball and general daily trainers) and new walking boots. My wife got me a Minnesota Timberwolves hoodie.
- Zooming Images in a Grid Layout - CSS-Tricks
- Using Grid Named Areas to Visualize (and Reference) Your Layout - CSS-Tricks
- Setting up Visual Studio Code for Web Development — For Beginners and Intermediate Developers - Zell Liew
- I’m Taking Ownership of My Tweets—zachleat.com
- The wasted potential of CSS attribute selectors
- Scroll to Text Fragments
- Minimal Dark Mode · Jens Oliver Meiert
- Working with git worktrees - pawelgrzybek.com
- Beginning to Style Your RSS Feed - Jon Christopher
- Week Notes - Week 44
- You can be friends with my blog—lewisdale.dev
- Home invasion - Mastodon's Eternal September begins
- 5 heading accessibility issues and how to fix them - Pope Tech Blog
- Rethinking Social Media
- Lil' Thought Blasters About Mastodon - Chris Coyier
- Creative list styling
- Syndicating to Mastodon
- Mastodon on your own domain without hosting a server
- Dear male ego by Amy Hupe, content designer.
- How To Improve Largest Contentful Paint for Faster Load Times - Calibre
- Leading slashes in .gitignore
- Page title conventions – Adam Silver – Designer, London, UK.
- Pixel perfect is not the goal
- Making the Time to Review Pull Requests
- Getting Mastodon running on a custom domain
- Changing urls but keeping webmentions in Eleventy
- Taming the Cascade With BEM and Modern CSS Selectors | CSS-Tricks
- The Math Behind Nesting Rounded Corners
- Archive your Tweets with Tweetback—zachleat.com
- Measure What You Impact, Not What You Influence – CSS Wizardry – Web Performance Optimisation
Power A successful New York entrepreneur lives a double life as the head of a drug empire that serves only the rich and influential, all while wanting to escape the underworld and keep his family safe.
The Walking Dead Sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes awakens from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating zombies. He sets out to find his family and encounters many other survivors along the way.
The Watcher A family moves into their suburban dream home, only to discover they've inherited a nightmare.
The Midnight Club At a manor with a mysterious history, the 8 members of the Midnight Club meet each night at midnight to tell sinister stories – and to look for signs of the supernatural from the beyond.
Blockbuster In this feel-good workplace comedy, the staff at the last surviving Blockbuster video store tries to keep the business afloat.
The Passage A post-apocalyptic story about a botched U.S. government experiment that turns a group of death row inmates into highly infectious vampires, and an orphan girl who might be the only person able to stop the ensuing crisis.
Reboot When Hulu reboots an early 2000s family sitcom, its dysfunctional cast is forced back together and now must deal with their unresolved issues in today’s fast-changing world.
War of the Worlds When astronomers detect a transmission from another galaxy, it is definitive proof of intelligent extra-terrestrial life. The world’s population waits for further contact with bated breath. They do not have to wait long. Within days, mankind is all but wiped out by a devastating attack; pockets of humanity are left in an eerily deserted world. As aliens hunt and kill those left alive, the survivors ask a burning question – who are these attackers and why are they hell-bent on our destruction?
Manifest After landing from a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers of Montego Air Flight 828 discover five years have passed in what seemed like a few hours. As their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.
Big Sky Private detective Cassie Dewell partners with ex-cop Jenny Hoyt on a search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. When they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the perpetrator before another woman is taken.
- John B Podcast 195 - Upfront DNB DJ Set Livestream 28-08-20
- John B Podcast 194 - Vinyl Only DNB Classics Livestream 23-08-20
- DJ Mark Collins - Dance Anthems Remixed 16
- DJ EZ presents NUVOLVE radio 075
- Funky House Classics (CD1) - Ministry of Sound
- Funky House Classics (CD2) - Ministry of Sound
- Hospital Podcast 447 with Inja
- Slipmatt - World Of Rave #350
- Level Up Mini Mix - Ministry of Sound
- V Podcast 117 - Bryan Gee with Mozey
- DJ EZ presents NUVOLVE radio 076
- Slipmatt - Slip's House 104
- Mini Ministry Mini Mix - Ministry of Sound